Get ready to make the easiest drop biscuits of all time. Ready in less than 30 minutes? You bet! Breakfast just got a whole lot better.
Ingredients & Equipment Needed For This Recipe
- All-Purpose Flour– This can be made gluten-free with a 1:1 ratio of your favorite GF flour!
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Unsalted Butter– This is going to be grated, so the colder it is the better. I also have a great tip for easy butter grating.
- Buttermilk– I almost always make my one buttermilk and keep it in the fridge. 1 cup of whole milk to 1 Tablespoon white distilled vinegar. If you do make it just be sure give it about 1 hour to curdle (for better flavor).
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using Metric
- Large Mixing Bowl– Mixing up the dough batter.
- Whisk– Easier way to combine the dry ingredients
- Rubber Spatula– Finishing mixing the dough.
- 1/2 Sheet Pan or Cookie Sheet– Baking the biscuits
- Parchment Paper– Don’t want the biscuits to stick!
- Cheese Grater– For the butter in the dough. I like to use a grater instead of cutting it up. Just makes the end product so much more fluffy.
- Large Cookie Scoop– I used a 2.75 ounce scoop for this recipe. You can use whatever size you like depending on what size biscuits you want! Note that baking times will vary if smaller or bigger.
My Kinda Professional Tips For The Easiest Drop Biscuits
- Freezing the butter will make the biscuits extra fluffy. The colder the butter and other ingredients are, the less they will melt in the oven. Meaning super luscious and fluffy drop biscuits.
- If you’d like flatter biscuits, you can use a flat spatula (like to flip pancakes), to press down the biscuits slightly. Just make sure to spray the spatula before you do!
- These easy drop biscuits will keep at room temperature in a close-able container or bag for up to three days. They will also keep in the freezer for up to one month.
The Easiest Drop Biscuits
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using metric
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- Cheese Grater
- 1/2 Sheet Pan or Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Large Cookie Scoop,2-3 ounce
- 1 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour*or 1:1 GF Flour (170 g)
- 1 Tbl Baking Powder (10 g)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 5 Tbl Unsalted Butter, grated (70 g)
- 1 Cup Buttermilk (250 ml)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375° F (190° C). Line the sheet tray with parchment and set aside.
- Place a whole stick of butter in the freezer to get cold while you gather the other ingredients. Combine all the dries together with a whisk. Measure the buttermilk separately.
- Take the butter from the freezer and use the grater to grate in the 5 Tablespoons into the flour, about 2/3 of the way down the stick. Toss the butter in the flour to coat well. Add in half of the buttermilk and use the rubber spatula to form a dough, then add in remaining liquid. This batter is wet so don't panic and add more flour.
- Use the cookie scoop to scoop 6 biscuits on the parchment lined sheet tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes and rotated halfway through so the biscuit bakes evenly.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Be sure to leave a review below &
tag me on Instagram @kindaprofessionalbaker
I’d love to see what you’re making!
Have you joined my email list? Sign up for my newsletter To Get Monthly Recipe Roundups And More!
Don’t worry, I promise I won’t spam you.