Never made homemade granola? Well you’ll never buy it from the store again once you’ve tried this tasty and tangible recipe!
Ingredients & Equipment Needed For This Recipe
- Brown Sugar– I always use light brown sugar.
- Rolled Oats– NOT ONE MINUTE OATS. This will make the granola sort of mushy and not crispy like it should be.
- Neutral Oil– This can be of your choice! I used vegetable oil, but coconut oil would work great too.
- Honey of Choice– You may either use clover honey or raw honey depending on your preference. You can also substitute the honey for maple syrup.
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Cinnamon– This is totally optional! If you like a little bit of a warming spice to your granola then go for it! You can use any sort of spice you like; make it your own.
- Vanilla Extract– If you’re going for a really vanilla flavored granola you can certainly use pate instead of extract.
- Set of Measuring Spoons & Cups OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using Metric
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Rubber Spatula– To mix all of the ingredients together. I will sometimes use my hands too if the brown sugar is too lumpy. This can also be used to mix the granola around while it’s in the oven to ensure even baking.
- 1/2 Sheet Pan or Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper– Used so that the granola doesn’t stick to the sheet pan.
- Pan Spray– Just a light layer to help the granola from sticking to the parchment paper.
My Kinda Professional Tips For Granola
- Make sure to stir the granola while it’s in the oven to ensure even baking.
- This granola is the best because it’s so basic! Meaning that you can add almost any other sort of nuts, seeds, or dried fruit that you want to it to really customize it.
- Granola will keep for up to one month in a close-able container or bag at room temperature.
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using metric
- Large Mixing Bowl* If not using stand mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- 1/2 Sheet Pan or Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Pan Spray
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (100 g)
- 2 Cup Rolled Oats (180 g)
- 1/2 Cup Neutral Oil (120 ml)
- 1/4 Cup Honey or Maple Syrup (85 ml)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat oven to 325° F (163° C). Prepare the 1/2 sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray. Set aside
- Combine all of the dry ingredients together in one bowl and combine well. Add in the oil, honey, and vanilla and mix very well so that the granola isn't lumpy but crumbly.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Using the rubber spatula, mix around the granola so that everything is evenly baked. Bake another 10 minutes and repeat the process. 5 more minutes and this granola is done!
- Let cool for 5 minutes before breaking up to the size that you prefer (you can leave it in big clusters). Make sure to cool completely before storing in a close-able container as it will get soggy quick if it is too hot.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Be sure to leave a review below &
tag me on Instagram @kindaprofessionalbaker
I’d love to see what you’re making!
Have you joined my email list? Sign up for my newsletter To Get Monthly Recipe Roundups And More!
Don’t worry, I promise I won’t spam you.