Let me introduce you to the only chocolate sauce you’ll ever need. No more buying at the store, this sauce is perfect for ice creams, dipping fruit, and even chocolate milk!
Ingredients & Equipment Needed For This Recipe
- Granulated Sugar– May replace with a sugar alternative.
- Water– Tap water works pretty good!
- Corn Syrup– You can use your light or dark corn syrup of choice.
- Kosher Salt
- Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate of Choice– I like to go with a darker chocolate for this sauce as it has the addition of sugar. Sweet but not too sweet is what I’m after.
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons (Liquid too) OR Digital Kitchen Scale if Using Metric
- Small Pot– For brining the sugar, water, and corn syrup to a boil.
- Medium Mixing Bowl– To combine the chocolate and cocoa powder and to mix together with the hot sugar syrup.
- Whisk– If you have an Immersion Blender, this will help to ensure that all of the chocolate and cocoa powder is mixed in.
- Fine Mesh Strainer– This is used to double make sure that there are no clumps for the perfect smooth texture.
- Container for Storing– I use glass jars for my sauces. Just as long as it has a lid, you’re good to go.
My Kinda Professional Tips For The Only Chocolate Sauce You’ll Ever Need
- Be sure to chop your chocolate if using a bar. This will help when you’re mixing in the hot syrup and the smaller pieces will melt faster ensuring a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Bring the sugar syrup to a boil and only a boil. The longer you cook the sugar the thicker it will become, resulting in a thicker sauce. Now, if that’t more the texture you’re into, go for it! It’s all delicious.
- If it’s a little too thick out of the fridge, pop in the microwave for 10 seconds. Or you can keep the lid on and run some hot water over top for 1 minutes, that should help it be the perfect drizzling consistency.
- This sauce will keep in the fridge in a close-able container for up to two months.
The Only Chocolate Sauce You’ll Ever Need
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons (Liquid Too) OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using metric
- Small Pot
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Fine Mesh Strainer
- Container For Storage
- 2 Tbl Corn Syrup (30 ml)
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar (150 g)
- 1/2 Cup Water (120 ml)
- pinch Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder (30 g)
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate of Choice (120 g)
- Place the corn syrup, sugar, water, and salt into the small pot. Over medium high heat, bring the mixture to a boil and remove from heat.
- The the meddium mixing bowl, add the chocolate and cocoa powder. Once the syrup is ready, pour over the chocolate and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Whisk until the the sauce has thickened slighltly and all of the chocolate has melted. NO LUMP!
- But if there are you will put the sauce through the strainer and into the container for storage so if you did have a lump, ya got it!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Be sure to leave a review below &
tag me on Instagram @kindaprofessionalbaker
I’d love to see what you’re making!
Have you joined my email list? Sign up for my newsletter To Get Monthly Recipe Roundups And More!
Don’t worry, I promise I won’t spam you.