Updated January 14, 2022
The best chocolate chip cookies you’ll ever make! This tangible recipe will have theses cookies in your mouth in less than 1 hour!
Ingredients & Equipment Needed for This Recipe
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract or Paste
- All-Purpose Flour– You can substitute your favorite 1:1 Gluten-Free all-purpose flour to make this recipe Gluten-Free.
- Baking Soda
- Kosher Salt
- Chocolate Chips of Choice– Can do either milk, dark, semisweet, or bittersweet morsels or chopped up bar of baking chocolate!
- Flaky Sea Salt– This salt will be used for the tops and it totally optional.
- Hand or Stand Mixer– As long as you have either one this will be easy!
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using metric– I personally always use metric because is it soo much more accurate than the US customary system.
- Large Mixing Bowl– For mixing the dough. If using a stand mixer, you will not need this bowl.
- 1/2 Sheet Pan or Cookie Sheet– To bake the cookies.
- Parchment Paper– To line the cookie sheet so that the cookies don’t stick to the sheet pan.
- Cookie Scoop– I use a standard cookie scoop size, about 1 ounce.
How to Make The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gather together all ingredients. Make sure the butter and eggs are at room temperature.
Combine the butter and both sugars together in the mixing bowl and mix on speed two for 4 minutes.
Add in the eggs and vanilla to the creamed butter mixture.
Add in the flour and mix until halfway mixed in, toss in all the chocolate and mix until the flour is all absorbed.
Let the dough chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes Scoop onto a parchment paper lined sheet pan.
Let oven pre-heat to 375° F and bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes (depending on how you like your cookies)
My Kinda Professional Tips for The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cream the crap out of the butter and sugars. This will make for a super chewy texture. Also be sure that your butter is soft, not melted.
- Don’t over mix the the dough. Add the chocolate chips when there is still flour that needs to be mixed in, this will help from over mixing! Any extra flour should absorb into the dough during the chilling.
- Let the dough chill. The longer you let the dough chill in the fridge to relax the better cookie you will have I promise. The butter needs to firm up again so there isn’t so much spreading. Also letting the gluten relax and absorb into the dough makes the taste incredible!
- This can easily be doubled for a larger batch! I’m more into small batches as I don’t really need a lot of cookies most of the time.
- The baked cookies will last up to 3 days at room temperature in a close-able container. The dough will keep in the fridge for up to a week, and in the freezer either logged or scooped for up to one month. If you don’t eat it all first…
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- Set of Measuring Cups and Spoons OR Kitchen Scale if using metric
- Rubber Spatula
- 1/2 Sheet Pan or Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Scoop (1 oz)
- 10 Tbl Unsalted Butter (142 g)
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar (100 g)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (100 g)
- 2 Each Large Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour (272 g)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips of choice (80 g)
- Flakey Sea Salt to top
- Combine in mixing bowl the softened butter and both sugars. Cream all together on medium-low speed for AT LEAST 5 mins. Mixture should be pale in color.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl before adding the eggs one at a time and vanilla extract. Make sure that the egg are well completely incorporated with the sugar and butter, again mixing for another minute to make sure!
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda and use a fork to mix together and have the chocolate ready. Add all but chocolate into the bowl. Once the flour starts to disappear add that chocolate!
- Once the dough is barely combined, STOP! Take all of the dough out of the bowl and transfer into bowl (or can use the same mixing bowl) in the fridge at least 30 minutes to relax. Make sure to wrap the top so a skin doesn't develop.
- When ready to bake, pre-heat oven to 350° F (175° C). Take your cookie scoop or use a spoon to dish out about 1 ounce of dough. Place onto a parchment lined sheet tray. Top with flakey sea salt before baking for 10-12 minutes!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Be sure to leave a review below &
tag me on Instagram @kindaprofessionalbaker
I’d love to see what you’re making!
Have you joined my email list? Sign up for my newsletter To Get Monthly Recipe Roundups And More!
Don’t worry, I promise I won’t spam you.
I loved it! Easy to make and so delicious 😊
Thanks so much 😄
Never knew that salt on top would taste so good
It’s definitely a game changer!