What better way to enjoy yourself than with a piece of raspberry upside down cake? Fresh raspberries and marshmallows, take ordinary boxed cake mix to the next level.
Ingredients & Equipment Needed For This Recipe
- Fresh Raspberries– I didn’t try with frozen raspberries for this recipe. I imagine that if they thaw out and all of the moisture has been removed it should work.
- Mini Marshmallows– Regular size is too big for this recipe.
- Yellow or White Cake Mix of Choice– I used yellow cake mix from Betty Crocker for mine!
- 1 Cup Measuring Cup– To measure the marshmallows.
- Large Mixing Bowl– For mixing the cake batter
- Whisk or Rubber Spatula
- 9″X13″ Baking Dish– I used a metal one but I can imagine glass would work as well.
- Pan Spray– To coat the baking dish so the cake doesn’t stick
My Kinda Professional Tips For Raspberry Upside Down Cake
- Make sure to spray the baking dish very well. This can get a little sticky on the bottom. For extra security you can add parchment paper as a liner on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Use a toothpick or cake tester to make sure the cake is done. No one wants an under baked cake!
- This cake will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days in a close-able container. If you double wrap with plastic and place in the freezer, it will keep for up to one month.
Raspberry Upside Down Cake
- 2 Pints Fresh Raspberries
- 2 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Yellow or White Cake Mix
- Pre-heat oven according to your baking dish specifications on the box of the cake mix.
- Spray the baking dish well with pan spray and add parchment paper if desired. Place all the raspberries and marshmallows and cover the bottom evenly.
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions. Once the batter is complete, place directly over the raspberries and marshmallows.
- Bake according to the box directions, about 30-35 minutes. Test with a toothpick or cake tester to ensure doneness.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares in the pan and then flipping over so the raspberry and marshmallow is on top.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Be sure to leave a review below &
tag me on Instagram @kindaprofessionalbaker
I’d love to see what you’re making!
Have you joined my email list? Sign up for my newsletter To Get Monthly Recipe Roundups And More!
Don’t worry, I promise I won’t spam you.