Amp up your brownie game with these delicious peanut butter cheesecake brownies! A small batch recipe that you won’t be able to stop eating them.
Brownies are pretty dang good no matter which way you have them. But add a bit of cream cheese and peanut butter and they are irresistible! I am always wanting a small-batch recipe because I don’t need a ton of brownies but if you do, this recipe can be doubled and fit in a 9″X13″ metal baking dish.
What Ingredients & Equipment Do I Need For This Recipe?
- Unsalted Butter– You want this to be soft, so it’s easier to cream with the sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Eggs– Room temperature so they incorporate well with the butter and sugar.
- Vanilla Extract– I would suggest using extract and not paste as you are not trying to add a large amount of vanilla to this recipe, because it’s chocolate ;).
- Cocoa Powder– My go-to is either Hershey’s 100% cocoa powder or Trader Joe’s Brand.
- All-Purpose Flour– You can make this a gluten-free recipe but replacing with your favorite 1:1 ratio gluten-free flour of choice.
- Kosher Salt
- Baking Powder– Make sure this is up to date or it will not work properly.
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons Or Digital Kitchen Scale If Using Metric
- Hand or Stand Mixer-Will need a separate medium mixing bowl if using a hand mixer.
- Medium Mixing Bowl– Used for combining the dry ingredients
- Whisk– Also used for combining the dry ingredients.
- Rubber Spatula– To scrape the sides of the bowl during the creaming & egg adding. Also to put into the baking dish.
- 8″X 8″ Metal Baking Dish– I always try to use a metal baking dish when making brownies as the pan gets hotter faster
- Parchment Paper– To line the baking dish so that the brownies come out easier.
- Pan Spray– Extra assurance that brownies wont stick to the dish.
My Kinda Professional Tips For Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- The creaming process may take some time. To ensure that all of the fats are incorporated, give it some time to get there. It may look bad at first so don’t give up before it’s fully creamed.
- Don’t over mix the batter. This will result in a chewy in a bad way brownie.
- You can either glob or swirl in the peanut butter cheesecake topping any way you like. I like to have sort of a layer on top so I’m getting it in every bite.
- These brownies will keep at room temperature in a close-able container for up to 5 days.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using metric
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- 1 Medium Mixing Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- 8"X8" Metal Baking Dish
- Parchment Paper
- Pan Spray
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, soft (226 g)
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar (201 g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder (40 g)
- 2/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour*or 1:1 GF Flour (85 g)
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Topping
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, soft (112 g)
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter (80 g)
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar (25 g)
- Begin by pre-heating the oven to 350° F (170° C). Prepare your metal baking dish with pan pray and line with the parchment paper, and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and make sure that they are completely combined. Mix another 2-3 minutes.
- Place together the dry ingredients and whisk to distribute all ingredients. Add to the butter, sugar and egg mixture and mix only until just combined.
- To make the peanut butter cheesecake topping, make sure the cream cheese is soft and comebine all of the ingredeints together until well combined.
- Scoop or spoon on top of the brownie batter as you like, either in globs or can be swirled into the brownie (my preferred method).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Let cool completely before cutting and enjoying!
I Love When You Make My Recipes!
Be Sure to Tag Me on Instagram
Leave a Question or Comment Below