Ever had a cake or cupcakes that just didn’t come out the best? Too much batter or nor enough, a little under or over baked. The solution to this small hiccup is to make cake balls! I know there was a craze about 10 years ago where they were all the rage. Heck, Starbucks still has them! I’ve decided to go with a seasonal version without any frosting, the peach filling holds it together perfectly. Peach cake balls are about to blow your mind with their awesomeness!
What Ingredients & Equipment Do I Need For This Recipe?
- Failed Cupcakes or Cake of Choice– You can use chocolate for this recipe but I would recommend either an almond, white, or yellow cake to really bring out the flavor of the peaches! I tried Baran Bakery’s Small Batch Vanilla Cupcake Recipe and the tops kept coming out flat. It calls for cake flour which I didn’t have, so I did the cornstarch trick (1 tablespoon of cornstarch in place of 1 TBL of the amount of flour used), and after many attempts came out wrong, but SO delicious.
- Peach Jam– Obviously you don’t have to make your own jam but you definitely can! Store bough preserves will also work great in this recipe.
- Milk of Choice– I used both almond milk and whole milk in my testing. Both worked great!
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using Metric
- Medium Mixing Bowl– Used to mix and shape the peach cake balls.
- Small Glass Bowl– I like to use glass bowls to melt my chocolate in the microwave.
- Fork or Skewer– Either one will work when it comes to dipping the cake balls in the chocolate.
- Sheet Pan or Plate– Depending on the number of cake balls you are making will depend on what size is needed to store th treats in the freezer before and after dipping in chocolate.
- Parchment Paper– Best way to ensure that the cake balls won’t stick to anything.
My Kinda Professional Tips For Peach Cake Balls
- Look no one is perfect, so why not turn your failed desserts into new ones?! I can assure you that after 20+ years of baking I still make mistakes. So don’t get discouraged when things don’t go the way they were supposed to. After all that’s life.
- This is a pretty fool-proof and safe recipe. Easy and to the point. If ya mess this one up too, maybe baking isn’t your thing. Kidding!!!
- These peach cake balls will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days in a close-able container, and will keep for up to two weeks in the freezer.
Peach Cake Balls
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using metric
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl, glass or microwave safe
- Sheet Tray or Large Plate
- Parchment Paper
- 6 each Failed Cupcakes, about 3 cups (480 g)
- 1/4 Cup Peach Jam or Preserves (80 g)
- 1 Tbl Milk of Choice (15 ml)
- 1/4 Cup White Chocolate, melted (40 g)
- Take your failed cake or cupcakes and tear them apart into the medium mixing bowl until all broken down.
- Add in the milk and peach jam in the bowl and mix around until a large ball starts to form. *May have to use more milk, start with 1 tsp and add as needed.
- Roll into 1 tablespoon size balls and roll tightly. Place on the sheet tray or plate with parchment and let chill in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the small microwave-safe bowl at 30 second intervals until melted fully.
- Take the cake balls from the freezer and dip or decorate with the white chocolate however you'd like!
I Love When You Make My Recipes!
Be Sure to Tag Me on Instagram
Leave a Question or Comment Below