Making leftover pie dough fries are one of my favorite parts about making pie dough. They are super easy, ready to eat in no time, and can be dipped in almost anything.
Ingredients & Equipment Needed For This Recipe
- All Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Kosher Salt
- Unsalted Butter
- Ice Cold Water
- Ground Cinnamon & Granulated Sugar Mixture* Recipe Below
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using Metric
- Large Bowl– For mixing together the dough
- Plastic Wrap– Wrap the dough for chilling
- Sharp Knife or Pastry Cutter (Pie Cutter)– Cutting the fries (dough)
- Rolling Pin– Rolling out the dough to be cut
- 1/2 Sheet Pan or Cookie Sheet– Baking the fries
- Parchment Paper– Liner for the cookie sheet so the fries don’t stick
My Kinda Professional Tips for Leftover Pie Dough Fries
- For a full list of my top pie dough tips click here.
- Put the cinnamon sugar mix on BOTH sides. This will create a sort of crust on the bottoms that is just amazing!
- These leftover pie dough fries will keep for 2 days in a close-able container at room temperature but are the BEST served right after making.
- Set of Measuring Spoons & Cups (Liquid Too) OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using Metric
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Rolling Pin
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, soft & slivered (113 g)
- 2 Cup All-Purpose Flour (272 g)
- 1 Tbl Granulated Sugar (15 g)
- 1 Tbl Kosher Salt (15 g)
- 3/4-1 Cup Ice Cold Water (178-236 ml)
- Combine together the flour, salt, and sugar well in a large mixing bowl. Cube the butter and add to the flour. Break down the butter with your hands until pea sized.
- Place the bowl in the freezer to get the butter hard again. Prepare the ice water.
- When adding the water to the flour and butter, add 1/2 the water and make the dough. Add the remaining water.
- Once the dough has formed, knead a little to get everything together and out of the bowl. Place in the plastic wrap and rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before using.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Be sure to leave a review below &
tag me on Instagram @kindaprofessionalbaker
I’d love to see what you’re making!
Have you joined my email list? Sign up for my newsletter To Get Monthly Recipe Roundups And More!
Don’t worry, I promise I won’t spam you.