When is a good dip ever a bad idea? This cream cheese onion dip is the perfect savory snack for any event! Great with crackers, pita bread, and even veggies.
Ingredients & Equipment Needed For This Recipe
- Yellow or White Onion– Whichever your preference is what you can use.
- Green Onions– Keeping these raw will add a whole other level of onion flavor to this dip.
- Garlic Cloves– 1,2,5. Up to you, depending on your garlic love status.
- Cream Cheese– This can be straight from the fridge!
- Sour Cream– I usually go for the non fat sour cream.
- Mayonnaise– You know it’s gunna be good.
- Parmesan Cheese– I like to go for the grated stuff as is blends very well into the dip without big chucks of cheese.
- Salt & Pepper– Just to give some extra seasoning.
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using Metric
- Cutting Board– Gotta Chop up those onions.
- Knife– You should know what to do with this, hopefully.
- Medium Pot– For cooking up this delicious dip!
- Rubber Spatula or Wooden Spoon– Best too to mix this all together.
My Kinda Professional Tips For Cream Cheese Onion Dip
- Depending on the amount of onion flavor you like in your dips, you can chop the onion any wya you like (big or little pieces). They will be cooked down a bit so they’re shrink somewhat in size.
- When adding in the fats of the recipe, make sure the heat in on low. Like LOW low. The last thing you want is to burn your dip, which can be done easily if the heat is too high.
- This cream cheese onion dip will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days in a close-able container. The oils may have separated in the cooling processes so the dip may need a stir and heat up (on the stove or in the microwave)
Cream Cheese Onion Dip
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using metric
- Cutting Board
- Medium Pot
- Rubber Spatula or Wooden Spoon
- 1 Tbl Olive Oil (15 ml)
- 1/4 Cup Yellow or White Onion. chopped (13 g)
- 1-3 Cloves Garlic, minced (3-9 g)
- 2 Tbl Sour Cream (30 g)
- 2 Tbl Mayonnaise (30 g)
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese (120 g)
- 2 Tbl Parmesan Cheese (28 g)
- to taste Salt & Pepper
- 1-2 each Green Onions
- Begin by chopping the onions and garlic. First cook the onion in a medium pot over medium-high heat with 1 Tbl Olive Oil until translucent then add the garlic until light brown.
- While the onions are cooking, gather the remaining ingredients. The sour cream and mayo can be combined to save dishes.
- Once the onions are ready, take them off the heat. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir with rubber spatula to combine.
- Place back over low heat until the ingredients start to come together to make a smooth dreamy dip. Finish with chopped green onions if desired and enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Be sure to leave a review below &
tag me on Instagram @kindaprofessionalbaker
I’d love to see what you’re making!
Have you joined my email list? Sign up for my newsletter To Get Monthly Recipe Roundups And More!
Don’t worry, I promise I won’t spam you.