If you like Panda Express you’re going to go wild for these copycat cream cheese rangoons. They are so good and easy to make! I dare you to have just one…
Ingredients & Equipment Needed For this Recipe
- Wonton Wrappers
- Cream Cheese– Make sure that its soft so it’s easier to mix.
- Green Onion
- Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Neutral Oil– I like canola oil when it comes to deep frying!
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons OR Digital Scale if using Metric
- Cutting Board
- Medium Pot
- Slotted Spoon
How To Make CopyCat Cream Cheese Rangoons
Gather all the ingredients needed for this recipe. Make sure the cream cheese is softened.
Place all but the wrappers (duh) in a small mixing bowl and combine well.
To assemble, start by brushing water on all four sides of the wonton wrapper.
Place about 1 Tbl of the cream cheese filling in the center of the wrapper.
Squeeze the sides to the center and press to make sure no filling comes out
Once assembled, place in the freezer for about 30 minutes and heat oil to 350° F.
Deep fry for about 2-3 minutes or until deep golden brown.
My Kinda Professional Tips For Copy Cat Cream Cheese Rangoons
- Make sure the rangoons are totally cold before frying. This way they keep their shape!
- Don’t get your oil too hot. This will ensure that the outside doesn’t cook faster than the inside.
- To Air Fry: Spay with oil before placing in the air fryer. Cook at 350° F for 8-10 minutes.
- These rangoons can be kept in the freezer in a close-able bag for up to 3 months.
CopyCat Cream Cheese Rangoons
- Set of Measuring Cups and Spoons OR Digital Kitchen Scale
- Medium Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- Small Pot
- 10 Wonton Wrappers
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Green Onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- pinch Salt & Pepper
- 2 Cups Neutral Oil
- Combine the cream cheese, garlic powder, green onions, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl with rubber spatula until smooth.
- Wet the side of a wonton wrapper with a brush and water. Add 1 Tbl of the cream cheese filling into the center.
- Push together the sides and fold towards the center so that no filling is coming out.
- Place on a sheet tray and let freeze for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, get the oil to 350° F.
- Gently fry the rangoons from the freezer for 2-3 minutes until a deep golden brown. Enjoy immediately!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Be sure to leave a review below &
tag me on Instagram @kindaprofessionalbaker
I’d love to see what you’re making!