Satisfy that sweet craving with these chewy chocolate crinkle cookies. Loaded with chocolate and coating in powdered sugar these won’t last long!
What Ingredients & Equipment Will I Need For This Recipe?
- Granulated Sugar
- Vegetable or Coconut Oil
- High-Quality Cocoa Powder– I use the 100% cocoa powder from Hershey’s.
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour– You can certainly substitute this for your favorite 1:1 Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour alternative.
- Baking Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Powdered Sugar– Rolling the cookies
- 3 Mixing Bowls– One small bowl for mixing the wet ingredients, and a medium bowl for mixing the dry ingredients. Plus an additional small bowl for rolling the cookies in powdered sugar.
- Whisk– Mixing the dry & wet ingredients ingredients
- Rubber Spatula– Folding the wet ingredients into the dries
- 1/2 Sheet Pan or Cookie Sheet– Baking the cookies.
- Parchment Paper– Line the cookie sheet or pan.
- Cookie Scoop– I used a standard cookie scoop size (about 1 oz)
My Kinda Professional Tips For Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- As with all recipes, making sure everything is ready to go before you get baking and assembling
- Make sure your baking powder is up to date! The first time I tested this recipe my baking powder was old and I actually hadn’t baked for a while (yes this was a while ago, but sometimes you have to come back to projects). My cookies were just super flat and crispy. Ideally they should be soft, chewy, and somewhat raised.
- If your powdered sugar is lumpy, make sure to sift it. There is nothing worse than a cookie with lumpy powdered sugar on the outside. The coating should be even.
- The powdered sugar is totally optional! To be honest I tried it with freeze-dried strawberry powder and WOW! So get creative!
- As with most cookies, they are best when slightly warm. Let cool 15 minutes for the perfect bite of cookie.
- These cookies will last up to 5 days at room temperature when well wrapped in plastic or in a close-able container. The cookie dough will last the same covered in the fridge and up to one month in the freezer!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 3 Mixing Bowls
- Rubber Spatula
- 1/2 Sheet Pan or Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Scoop
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar (200 g)
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable or Coconut Oil (80 ml)
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder (45 g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour (120 g)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Combine together the granulated sugar and oil in the medium bowl. Add both of the eggs and vanilla extract and mix very well.
- In a separate bowl combine all of the dry ingredients except powdered sugar. Use a whisk to evenly mix.
- Pour the wets into dries and use the rubber spatula to until just incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, pre-heat oven to 350° F (175° C). Scoop the cookies and roll into a ball before coating in powdered sugar.
- Place 6-8 cookies on the parchment-line sheet tray. Bake for 12 minutes.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Be sure to leave a review below &
tag me on Instagram @kindaprofessionalbaker
I’d love to see what you’re making!