Satisfy that sweet craving with these chewy chocolate crinkle cookies. Loaded with chocolate and coating in powdered sugar these won’t last long!
Ingredients & Equipment Needed For This Recipe
- Granulated Sugar
- Vegetable or Coconut Oil
- High-Quality Cocoa Powder– I use the 100% cocoa powder from Hershey’s.
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour– You can certainly substitute this for your favorite 1:1 Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour alternative.
- Baking Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Powdered Sugar– Rolling the cookies
- 3 Mixing Bowls– One small bowl for mixing the wet ingredients, and a medium bowl for mixing the dry ingredients. Plus an additional small bowl for rolling the cookies in powdered sugar.
- Whisk– Mixing the dry & wet ingredients ingredients
- Rubber Spatula– Folding the wet ingredients into the dries
- 1/2 Sheet Pan or Cookie Sheet– Baking the cookies.
- Parchment Paper– Line the cookie sheet or pan.
- Cookie Scoop– I used a standard cookie scoop size (about 1 oz)
My Kinda Professional Tips For Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- As with all recipes, making sure everything is ready to go before you get baking and assembling
- Make sure your baking powder is up to date! The first time I tested this recipe my baking powder was old and I actually hadn’t baked for a while (yes this was a while ago, but sometimes you have to come back to projects). My cookies were just super flat and crispy. Ideally they should be soft, chewy, and somewhat raised.
- If your powdered sugar is lumpy, make sure to sift it. There is nothing worse than a cookie with lumpy powdered sugar on the outside. The coating should be even.
- The powdered sugar is totally optional! To be honest I tried it with freeze-dried strawberry powder and WOW! So get creative!
- As with most cookies, they are best when slightly warm. Let cool 15 minutes for the perfect bite of cookie.
- These cookies will last up to 5 days at room temperature when well wrapped in plastic or in a close-able container. The cookie dough will last the same covered in the fridge and up to one month in the freezer!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Satisfy that sweet craving with these chewy chocolate crinkle cookies. Loaded with chocolate and coating in powdered sugar these won't last long!
- 3 Mixing Bowls
- Rubber Spatula
- 1/2 Sheet Pan or Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Scoop
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar (200 g)
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable or Coconut Oil (80 ml)
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder (45 g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour (120 g)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Combine together the granulated sugar and oil in the medium bowl. Add both of the eggs and vanilla extract and mix very well.
- In a separate bowl combine all of the dry ingredients except powdered sugar. Use a whisk to evenly mix.
- Pour the wets into dries and use the rubber spatula to until just incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, pre-heat oven to 350° F (175° C). Scoop the cookies and roll into a ball before coating in powdered sugar.
- Place 6-8 cookies on the parchment-line sheet tray. Bake for 12 minutes.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Be sure to leave a review below &
tag me on Instagram @kindaprofessionalbaker
I’d love to see what you’re making!
Have you joined my email list? Sign up for my newsletter To Get Monthly Recipe Roundups And More!
Don’t worry, I promise I won’t spam you.