Who doesn’t like chocolate on chocolate? These chocolate baked donuts are just that. They are embarrassingly east to make and can double as dessert. Straight from the donut shop to your home in less than 15 minutes, seriously. These ones are mini donuts, but can easy make a small batch regular sized donuts as well!
What Ingredients & Equipment Do I Need For This Recipe?
- Egg– Preferably at room temperature.
- Unsalted Butter– You’re gunna wanna melt this.
- Granulated Sugar– Plain ole sugar. May use a healthier alternative if desired.
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour-May replace with a 1:1 All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour like Bobs Red Mill®, although I have not tested myself.
- Baking Powder– Make sure this is up to date (aka about a year old).
- Cocoa Powder– I go with 100% cocoa as opposed to the dutch processed, just a personal preference.
- Kosher Salt– The baking salt of choice.
- Chocolate of Choice– This will be for the top glaze, so go with whatever kind of chocolate you want! I went with milk chocolate myself .
- Coconut Oil– Get that glaze nice and shiny.
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons (Liquid too) OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using Metric
- Medium Mixing Bowl– For mixing up the batter. This is a one bowl recipe!
- Small Glass or Microwave-Proof Bowl- For melting the chocolate and coconut oil for the chocolate glaze.
- Whisk or Rubber Spatula– Either tool can be used to mix the batter of these chocolate baked donuts.
- Piping Bag– If you are using a disposable bag, don’t make the hole too big or the donut pan will get too full. You may also spoon in the batter to the pan if you don’t have a piping bag.
- Mini or Regular Donut Pan– See my kinda professional tips for baking time adjustments for Regular size donuts as well as links to both products!
- Pan Spray– Gotta make sure those donuts come out of the pan.
- Cooling Rack– Used to cool as well as to let the donuts rest after the glaze is on top.
My Kinda Professional Tips For Chocolate Baked Donuts
- If using a regular sized donut pan, be sure to extend baking time by 10 minutes.
- Links for the mini donut pan can be found here, and the regular sized pan here. These are both pans that I use and found at thrift stores!
- These chocolate baked donuts will keep for up to 2 days when kept in a close-able container at room temperature. When well wrapped, they can be kept in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Chocolate Baked Donuts
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using metric
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Small Glass or Microwave-Safe Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- Piping Bag
- Mini or Regular Donut Pan
- Pan Spray
- Cooling Rack
- 1 each Large Egg (50 g)
- 2 Tbl Unsalted Butter, melted (28 g)
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar (50 g)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour*or 1:1 GF Flour (68 g)
- 2 Tbl Cocoa Powder (15 g)
- pinch Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate of Choice, milk or dark (40 g)
- 1 Tbl Coconut Oil (10 ml)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350* F (177° C). Spray your mini or regular donut pan with pan spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of your medium mixing bowl, place the egg, butter, sugar, and vanilla. Mix well with a whisk.
- Place the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt on top of the wet ingredients. Use a rubber spatula to mix together by folding the dries into the wets.
- Take your piping bag (can go with or without a tip) and place the batter into the molds, only going up about 1/2-2/3 of the way. You can spoon the batter into the molds also.
- Place the filled donut pan and bake for 5 minutes, yes you read that right only 5 minutes for the mini donuts. *See my tips for regular sized baking instructions.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before flipping over and letting cool in the cooling rack.
- To make the glaze, melt together the chocolate and coconut oil until smooth. Dip the baked donuts in the glaze and enjoy!
I Love When You Make My Recipes!
Be Sure to Tag Me on Instagram
Leave a Question or Comment Below