If you like cereal of any kind, then you’re going to fall in love with these cereal crispy treats! They are cereal+marshmallow= delicious! Another no bake dessert to add for the summer months.
What Ingredients & Equipment Do I Need For This Recipe?
- Cereal of Choice– I went with Fruit Loops®- I have also tried Gold Grahams, Lucky Charms, and of course the one we all know, Rice Crispy Treats®.
- Unsalted Butter- My butter of choice when it comes to baking and cooking!
- Kosher Salt– The reason I use unsalted butter. It can be controlled by the creator of the recipe.
- Marshmallows- I go for the regular size, and that is what the recipe calls for. You are more than welcome to use the mini or colored & flavored one
- Vanilla Extract– If you want an extra sweet touch, use clear vanilla! I like the one linked here.
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using Metric
- Small Pot– For melting the butter and marshmallows. I also use this for the cereal. So, if you’d like more room go for a Medium Pot instead!
- Rubber Spatula– Best way I have found to make these babies.
- 9″X4″ Loaf Pan– Since this is a small batch recipe, this is the perfect size for 3 or 4 snack sized bars!
- Pan Spray– I use this before and after placing the cereal in the loaf pan after mixed into marshmallow.
My Kinda Professional Tips For Cereal Crispy Treats
- This is a small batch recipe, but can easily be doubled or tripled! If you have any questions about batch sizes feel free to leave me a comment!
- Make sure the marshmallows don’t cook too much. This will result in extra hard cereal crispy treats Not good. Just heat them enough that there are no longer lumps of marshmallow. These delicious cereal treats will last for up to 5 days in a close-able container at room temperature.
Cereal Crispy Treats
- Set of Measuring Spoons & Cups OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using Metric
- Small or Medium Pot
- Rubber Spatula
- 9"X4" Loaf Pan
- Pan Spray
- 1 Tbl Unsalted Butter (10 g)
- 2 Cup Marshmallows (about 10) (70 g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (3 g)
- 2 Cup Cereal of Choice (56 g)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt (1 g)
- In the small or medium pot, place the butter, salt, and vanilla over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the marshmallows.
- Continue to cook stirring occasionally until the marshmallows have melted.
- Meanwhile measure out your cereal and prepare your loaf pan with a layer of pan spray.
- Take the melted marshmallow and butter off the heat and add the cereal. Stir with a rubber spatula until the cereal is completely coated.
- Place the cereal treats into the loaf pan and press down with hand or rubber spatula to make even top.
- Place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to set.
- When ready to eat take from the fridge and cut into three even pieces.
I Love When You Make My Recipes!
Be Sure to Tag Me on Instagram
Leave a Question or Comment Below