Caramel? Pretzels? Chocolate?! Yes all of your sweet cravings all in one candy bar-like treat. These caramel pretzel bars have a buttery crust, caramel sauce, and pretzel sticks. A drizzle of chocolate makes these melt in your mouth good. Did I mention how easy they are to make??
What Ingredients & Equipment Do I Need For This Recipe?
- Unsalted Butter– This needs to be room temp OR melted.
- Granulated Sugar– You may also use a sugar alternative.
- Kosher Salt– The only kind of salt I bake with.
- All-Purpose Flour– This can be replaced with a 1:1 Gluten Free All Purpose Flour such as Bob’s Red Mill®. I have not tested this for myself.
- Caramel Sauce– I used a 1/2 batch of The Perfect Caramel Sauce. The recipe can be found here.
- Pretzel Sticks– These give the tops of the bars an interesting shape. You can certainly use regular large or mini pretzels if you desire.
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using Metric.
- Stand or Hand Mixer– If you don’t have either, you can use a whisk to cream the butter and sugar together although your crust will not be a light.
- Medium Mixing Bowl– Needed only if using a hand mixer.
- Rubber Spatula– For mixing up the bottom crust.
- 8″ X 8″ Metal or Ceramic Baking Dish– These work better than glass for this type of baked good.
- Parchment Paper– Gotta make sure these babies don’t stick.
- Pan Spray– Extra stick-age protection.
My Kinda Professional Tips for Caramel Pretzel Bars
- You can cut these a variety of different ways! Whether you want a big candy bar-like piece or a smaller bite sized piece you can do that too! You may also use white chocolate instead of milk chocolate if you’re into that.
- Speaking of different sizes, cut these bars when they have been out of the fridge after chilling for 15 minutes. Soft but not room temperature. If you cut them cold they can break in a not so symmetrical way. So if you’re looking for same-size pieces, this tip is for you!
- These caramel pretzel bars will keep in the fridge in a close-able container for up to 1 week. If kept in the freezer they will keep up to one month.
Caramel Pretzel Bars
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using metric
- Stand or Hand Mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- 8" X 8" Metal or Ceramic Baking Dish
- Parchment Paper
- Pan Spray
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, soft (226 g)
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar (100 g)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour (313 g)
- Begin by pre-heating the oven to 350° F (176° C) and preparing the baking dish with parchment paper and pan spray, set aside.
- In the mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar or about 2 minutes, until slightly fluffy. Scrape the bowl with the rubber spatula to ensure there are no unmixed clumps of butter in the mix. Cream another minute.
- Add in the flour and salt and fold into the butter and sugar mixture until a smooth dough forms.
- Gently press the dough into the prepared baking dish. Make sure to keep an even layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until light golden brown. This is when you can gather your other ingredients or make your caramel sauce.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Add the pretzels in a thin but even layer on top of the crust.
- Pour the caramel over the top of the pretzel making sure to get the corners and all of the nooks and crannies.
- Place the bars back into the oven for another 5 minutes just to bubble the caramel.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely at room temperature before placing in the fridge for 2-4 hours before cutting into however you like and enjoying!
I Love When You Make My Recipes!
Be Sure to Tag Me on Instagram
Leave a Question or Comment Below