I know this might be a little dramatic but these caramel & chocolate blondies are so flavorful and just to die for! A sprinkling of salt or some ice cream and this will be the perfect ending to your day, or start who am I to judge.
Ingredients & Equipment Needed For This Recipe
- Unsalted Butter– You’re going to want this at room temperature, so it creams easily.
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Paste or Extract– Depending on the level of vanilla flavor you want.
- Large Egg– Again, you want this room temperature as it help with the creaming process.
- Kosher Salt
- Baking Powder
- All-Purpose Flour– Can make the substitute of a 1:1 gluten free all purpose flour of choice!
- Unsalted Butter– Room temperature
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract– I always use extract for chocolate based recipes. It’s used more to round out the chocolate.
- Cocoa Powder– I always use 100% cocoa powder.
- All-Purpose Flour– Again, can use a 1:1 ratio gluten-free flour replacement.
- Chocolate Chips or Chopped Chocolate of Choice– I usually go for a dark chocolate but you can certainly use a semi-sweet or milk chocolate.
Perfect Caramel Sauce– Recipe can be found here.
- Set of Measuring Cup & Spoons OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using Metric
- Hand or Stand Mixer– I use the same bowl for this whole recipe. I don’t even wash in between just make sure to do the blondie recipe first and scrape very well. If using a hand mixer make sure you have an extra Medium Bowl to mix in.
- Rubber Spatula– Scraping the ingredients to ensure no lumps of ingredients.
- 8″x8″ Metal Baking Dish– I suggest using a metal baking dish as it retains heat more than a glass or ceramic dish.
- Parchment Paper– Used to line the baking dish so it’s easier to remove from the pan and for clean edges.
- Pan Spray– To make sure nothing sticks.
My Kinda Professional Tips For Caramel & Chocolate Blondies
- If doubled, this recipe will fit into a 9″X13″ Baking Dish. Sometimes ya need more!
- Make in the order on the recipe. This will help the process go faster than by doing it the other way around.
- For an extra caramel fix, add about 1/4 of a cup to the middle of the blondies. Right in between the blondie dough and brownie batter. YUM! Otherwise just a drizzle on top for a perfect amount.
- Sprinkle these with flakey sea salt. Trust me.
- These brownies will store up to 5 days in a close-able contain at room temperature. If you place them in the fridge them keep up to 10 days and in the freezer up to 3 weeks.
Caramel & Chocolate Blondies
- Set of Measuring Cups & Spoons (Liquid Too) OR Digital Kitchen Scale if using metric
- Stand or Hand Mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- 8"X8" Metal Baking Dish
- Parchment Paper
- Pan Spray
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, soft (113 g)
- 2 Cup Brown Sugar (440 g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract or Paste
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Cup All-Purpose Flour or 1:1 GF Flour (240 g)
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, soft (56 g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100 g)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable or Coconut Oil (60 ml)
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour or 1:1 GF Flour
- 2 Tbl Cocoa Powder (20 g)
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips of Choice
- Prepare the 8"X8" metal baking dish with the parchment paper. Pan spray before and after the parchment. Set aside.
- Combine the butter and sugar in the mixing bowl and mix until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes on medium speed. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and add the eggs and vanilla and mix until completely combined. No lumpys-smooth.
- Scrape the bowl again and add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix on low util just combined.
- Take the dough from the mixing bowl and place into the bottom of the prepared baking dish in an even layer. Place in the fridge to chill while you make the brownie batter.
- At this time you can pre-heat your oven to 350° F (176° C). In the same mixing bowl as before, cream the butter and sugar well. Again, about 2-3 minutes.
- Scrape and add the eggs, vanilla, and oil. Mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients on top and mix until just combined. Add the chocolate and mix only a few seconds more until dispersed.
Assembly & Baking
- Place the brownie batter on top of the chilled blondie dough evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting and enjoying.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Be sure to leave a review below &
tag me on Instagram @kindaprofessionalbaker
I’d love to see what you’re making!
Have you joined my email list? Sign up for my newsletter To Get Monthly Recipe Roundups And More!
Don’t worry, I promise I won’t spam you.