Nothing brings me back to childhood more than this animal cracker ice cream! With the addition o sea salt and caramel you’ll be wishing you had this treat back when you were a kid.
Ingredients & Equipment Needed For This Recipe
Ice Cream Base
- Whole Milk
- Heavy Cream
- Xantham Gum
- Granulated Sugar
- Non Fat Milk Powder
This recipe is not mine, but can be found in their book or here. It is super adaptable and one of my all time favorite ice cream recipes to make at home. You can also make this recipe with your favorite store bought vanilla ice cream!
Sea Salt Caramel
For this recipe I used my Perfect Caramel Sauce. The full recipe can be found here. You can substitute for your favorite caramel recipe or store-bought option.
I used the cheapest animal crackers I could find for my recipe (sorry not sorry). I believe there are some gluten-free animal cracker options out there for this to be a gluten-free recipe!
- If spinning the ice cream yourself, you will need an ice-cream machine. I acquired mine in mint condition for $13 at a Goodwill (score!!). If you’re in the market for one depending on how much ice cream you plan to make should depict the amount you spend. In my opinion.
- Rubber Spatula or Wooden Spoon– This I have found works best for extracting the ice cream from the machine. This tool will also be used to layer the ingredients.
- Loaf Pan or Other Vessel to put the ice cream in. Preferably a close-able container so there is a less chance that your ice cream will develop a “skin”.
- Parchment Paper– To place on top of the ice cream after extraction, again to help from forming a “skin”.
My Kinda Professional Tips for Animal Cracker Ice Cream
- Luckily this recipe is pretty simple and straight forward. My biggest piece of advice is to just be patient and work sort of quick. You don’t want the ice cream to melt too much while you’re assembling or that will translate to the finished product.
- If this recipe sounds good but you for whatever reason don’t like animal crackers. Don’t use em! The beauty of making things like ice cream yourself is that you can make it literally exactly to your liking. I have found that chocolate sandwich cookies pair super well with this recipe also… Just an idea!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Be sure to leave a review below &
tag me on Instagram @kindaprofessionalbaker
I’d love to see what you’re making!
Have you joined my email list? Sign up for my newsletter To Get Monthly Recipe Roundups And More!
Don’t worry, I promise I won’t spam you.